[Nottingham] forums.planetnottslug.org

Michael Erskine msemtd at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Oct 26 13:13:30 BST 2005

On Wednesday 26 October 2005 12:25, Kenneth Huggins wrote:
> All of the above Paul !  As a Linux Virgin my problem at the moment is
> setting up my first installation ... I have the latest Ubuntu version but
> don't want it to overwrite the existing OS (Windoze) and files.  I have a
> separate hard drive, so plan to run Linux on that, but when I began the
> installation it didn't seem to be about to ask me where I wanted to install
> it ... instead it just got on with installing something and I pulled the
> plug just in case it was about to wipe my old stuff.
>
> Can anybody out there help / advise ?!
Without looking at the Ubuntu installer I can't really say which hard drive it
was installing to. The sure-fire no-brainer way is to disconnect the hard
drive you want to preserve.

Regards,
Michael Erskine.
--
interlard - vt., to intersperse; diversify
-- Webster's New World Dictionary Of The American Language