[Nottingham] Broadband...

Cam camilo at mesias.co.uk
Tue Sep 13 10:23:24 BST 2005

Colin

> I am moving into new premises and have always used NTL but the area that
> I am moving to does not have NTL access. I am thinking of going with
> Bulldog but was wondering if anyone has any information on setting up
> Bulldog/hardware/ip cop or smoothwall and if they encountered any
> problems?

I'm curious, have you used the checker and can you get 8M at your new
address? I'm with freedom2surf (f2s.com) but can't get 8M yet (although
the 2M package is pretty good IMHO).

> Its really easy with NTL since their modems have a network port (not
> usb)...ipcop loves that! Whats the best hardware to go with...anyone got
> any suggestions for good modems to use.

I use a cheap generic adsl modem/router which comes with a built in 4
port switch. It has a fairly good web control panel, firewall, dmz etc.
So it's far less hassle than Smoothwall (for me).

-Cam