[Nottingham] Mailing list etiquette

Tom Bird tom at marmot.org.uk
Thu Sep 15 11:59:44 BST 2005

Graeme Fowler wrote:

> As an aside, an ex colleague of mine once mentioned that my (traditional
> "quote the bits you need and put relevant comments after each bit")
> method of replying to messages was unintelligible as they kept having to
> read what they had just written. It was a point, I suppose, but the
> goodness of it was debatable!

But surely, the little >'s at the starts of his lines give it away?

Almost related, I've been reading my mail with thunderbird for the last
couple of months.  I was using evolution and before that, pine.  I like
thunderbird.  Also means that I can have nearly the same mail app on
those rare occasions that I boot windows.  Suggest $excolleague tries
it, it puts little coloured bars around the quoted bits.

--
Tom

Barcelona, Es.