[Nottingham] sed question (drifting towards email internals)

Cam camilo at mesias.co.uk
Sun Sep 25 08:47:08 BST 2005

Simon wrote:

> as do most other email programs :)

I'd be surprised if 'most' programs fill in the in-reply-to header then
ignore it on incoming mail. If that's true then users of those programs
will have a poor experience compared to proper threading (for example
the thread will run in order the mails were received instead of who
replied-to what...).

I've used mozilla / thunderbird for ages now. It gives in-reply-to
headers precedence, but if the headers are missing it threads according
to subject. eg. all spams without a subject are threaded together!

-Cam
--

                                                                      <--
camilo at mesias.co.uk