[Nottingham] CMS / HTML editors

Michael Erskine msemtd at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Apr 19 15:15:01 BST 2006

On Wednesday 19 April 2006 14:59, Graeme Fowler wrote:
> Howdy
>
> Can anyone recommend a relatively decent HTML editor or "lite" CMS?
>
> I'm looking for something Dreamweaver-like, but not necessarily so
> fully-featured (or bloated). I've finally grown tired of hand-editing
> everything with vi :)

The most dreamweaver-like app I've come across is Quanta-plus that comes with
KDE. It's prone to crashes but does proper recovery and as part of KDE gets
all the ioslaves for free so you can edit pages e.g. over ssh, ftp, webdav,
etc.

On the lightweight CRM front, I'd recommend abusemodwiki which is a fork of
usemodwiki with extra features - you could then write your html through your
webserver using wikiwords rather than html.

Regards,
Michael Erskine

--
I have a very small mind and must live with it.
		-- E. Dijkstra