[Nottingham] CMS / HTML editors

Alex Walker alex at x3ja.co.uk
Thu Apr 20 21:19:15 BST 2006

On Wed, Apr 19, 2006 at 08:45:39PM +0100, Graeme Fowler wrote:
> Looks like I'm (a) running a local copy of the site I want to keep
> up-to-date, and (b) using plain old SFTP from the command line (or
> Nautilus) to keep it in sync.

Or, more neatly rsync over ssh... that way you don't have to remember
all the files you've changed - it'll do it for you.  I think something
like the following should syncronise with the remote machine without
needing to run an rsync daemon... but I'm not really experienced in
this...

rsync -avz -e "ssh -c blowfish" /local/path/to/site \
	remotehost:/remote/path/to/site

Not that it solves your editing issues, but it might make it simpler to
keep the copies syncronised.  Of course, you'd put that all in an alias
or shell script.

> 4. Quanta plus
> Not running KDE, which makes that kind of moot.

Only kind of... I don't run KDE either, but I still use a few KDE apps
and they generally work fine even if they do take a while to load...

Hope something might be helpful there...

Alex

--
Randomly generated quote:
Let us endeavor so to live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be