[Nottingham] Hi there :)

Michael Erskine msemtd at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Aug 21 10:58:12 BST 2006

On Monday 21 August 2006 10:39, David Deans wrote:
> Hello Nottingham LUG ppl, thought i'd introduce myself. :)
> My name's Dave, just joined the list, looking for linux support in the
> local area.

Hi Dave,

Welcome to the group - we have linux support a-plenty!

> I currently use Ubuntu Dapper as my main desktop OS (sharing
> a hard drive with Windows XP for my sins) which I use for homeworking,
> listening to music, viewing videos and playing the odd game or two. Have
> been using Ubuntu for almost a year in various guises, both on x86 and
> PPC, with experience of Debian Sarge on PPC prior.

Your usage is typical of many of our members: we have plenty of XP dual
booters, PPC users, Dapper users, gamers, multimedia users.

> Anyway, may pop into the list occasionally to make a query or help
> answer a question. See you around :D

Sure! Also consider attending the social and technical meetings - they're a
lot of fun.

Regards,
Michael Erskine.

--
Absolutum obsoletum.  (If it works, it's out of date.)
		-- Stafford Beer