[Nottingham] Into php5 and ajax

ricky at domainarena.net ricky at domainarena.net
Wed Aug 30 14:42:48 BST 2006

Hi.

> The biggest thing was just to realise that AJAX is essentially just a
> set of methods for asynchronous updates to quickly update locally small
> parts of a web page from very small server transactions. (OK, so who's
> confused now!? :-) )

Yep! That's the badger! Personally I find that it's rarely necessary to
need to use the JavaScript XML parsing at all, especially when you can
just convert all "\n" to "<br />" if it's a simple list; or split them
into an array or something like that and stick "<div>" round them...

It's all good though!

-- Ricky