[Nottingham] Goodbye

Robert Hart enxrah at nottingham.ac.uk
Fri Jan 6 13:18:37 GMT 2006

Hi All,

1647 days after I started, I finally handed in my PhD thesis this week
(that's either 1.5 years, 6 months, or 48 days late or 21 minutes early
depending on how you view such arbitrary concepts as "deadlines" and
"passage of time"). Next week I will be starting a new job in Bath, doing
in-house software development for a structural engineering firm called
Buro Happold. Apparently they expect me to use windows :-s (hopefully it
hasn't changed much since 98/NT4 when I last used it).

Anyway, I wish the group well. It has in a small way been an important
part of my time in Nottingham, and may well have contributed to me getting
the job. I must apologise for not getting around do doing the talk I
promised on LaTeX, or buying a round of drinks in the pub (which I'm sure
is more important).

Rob

p.s. see if you can get through 2006 without a destructive flame war on
the mailing list!