[Nottingham] Hello to the group

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Sat Jun 24 15:59:23 BST 2006

Hazel Windle wrote:
[---]
> Hello, my names Hazel Windle. I'm new to this mailing list. I started
> using Linux as a replacement for Windows in 2003. I use Suse Linux 10.1
> on my PC and I quite like it. I use it for entertainment, web design and
> for making music. I don't know that much about using Linux, I still
> struggle sometimes when compiling programs from source. I'm 20 years old
> and I live in Ilkeston (near Nottingham).

Hazel,

Well, we all run various distros, and possibly all of them amongst the
people in the group. My preferred mix being Mandriva, Ubuntu, DSL, and
any others that fit whatever requirements :-)

And there's a good mix of interests amongst the group as you'll
occasionally see on the list here.

I'm certainly in with the 'older crowd'. There's also the 'younger
crowd' that are around during Uni term time. All are equal in Linux and
in our group.

Hope to see you at one of our meetings. I would guess the city centre
meets will be easiest for you. I'm sure you'll be made very welcome.

Next meet is a foodie-social (05/07/2006). The one after (19/07/2006)
will be a talk in the meeting room above the Navigation pub (city
centre-ish). Sometime soonish, we're due for a LAN party & fix-it
session one Sunday...

Hope you can venture into Nottingham.

Welcome to the group.

martin at ml1.co.uk