[Nottingham] Nottslug Forums

Karl Ryan karlryan.public at tiscali.co.uk
Wed Mar 1 00:52:17 GMT 2006

Hi folks!

I've just subscribed to the mailing list after a whimsical Google search to
see if there was in fact such a thing as a Linux user group in Nottingham.
Obviously there is!

So, a little bit about myself. I'm 21 years old and I'm in my third year of
my law degree. I am at the moment using an Apple Macintosh, which is my main
computer, but I do run Linux on my ThinkPad which is my travelling computer.
I am also in the process of transitioning from Windows NT 5 (a.k.a Windows
2000 Professional) on an old Dell to Linux. I also have an old Pentium 200
which needs a new CMOS battery which will also run Linux one day.

Unfortunately I don't run Debian but instead build my own thanks to the nice
people at http://www.linuxfromscratch.org which builds a system which is
more suitable for old hardware like mine.

Well that's my little introductory piece. I look forward to seeing you all
at the next social event!

--
Karl Ryan