[Nottingham] Jono & Ted Haegar from Novell's UK LUG tour thingy

Simon flibble at gmail.com
Fri Mar 31 11:09:33 BST 2006

Hello

I've just read on Jonos blog that he has teamed up with Ted Haegar
from Novell USA to do a series of LUG talks in the UK free of charge.

Information from his page:

The Fight! UK LUG Tour

Are you in a LUG? Are you looking for a crime fighting, super-hero duo
to not only come to your LUG and talk about the fun going on at Novell
but to also talk about effective Linux advocacy and the desktop? Its
coming and we want you...

For one week only starting April 17th 2006, Jono Bacon from the UK and
Ted Haegar from the USA will tour the UK, cramming in as many LUGs as
possible and providing some interesting and entertaining
presentations. Supported by Novell and OpenAdvantage, this tour is
entirely free for your LUG - you supply an audience, and Ted and Jono
are there.

If you are are interested in having Jono and Ted visit your LUG, send
an email to lugtour at jonobacon.org and tell us:

    * The name of your LUG
    * Your location
    * A preferred date
    * A few paragraphs telling us about your LUG and why we should stop there

There are only limited slots on the tour, so get your applications in.
Due to the limited availability, you may need to schedule the LUG
meeting on an alternative night if there are clashes. Let us know if
this is a problem.

----

This sounds quite interesting. I know we have Jono lined up for a talk
soon, but this talk could be very interesting.

What do you other members think about it? Is there anybody who can
write enough good words about the LUG to make Jono come?

I think this could be very good for the LUG, and also for the Open
Source movement in Nottingham. It might be worth getting in contact
with local businesses as Novell is very well known in business.

I think it's an idea :)

Simon