[Nottingham] Hello there

Michael Erskine msemtd at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Sep 21 13:06:06 BST 2006

On Thursday 21 September 2006 12:01, Ovid wrote:
> Hi all,
> Just signed up for the mailing list and figured I should drop a note and
> say 'hi'.
> I'm an American who's just moved to Nottingham and figured since there
> doesn't appear to be a Nottingham Perl Mongers group that joining Nlug
> would be the next best thing.
> To be fair, I'm not that strong of a Linux guru, though I'm fairly handy
> with Perl.

Hi Ovid, welcome to the list and welcome to Nottingham,

Well actually we do have a Nottingham Perl Mongers - I'm rather surprised you
missed it :) (see http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Nottingham+Perl+Mongers).
I had to check just then because I host it from my dining room and the power
has been dodgy recently!

Having said that, nlug is "The Right Place(TM)" to meet the local Perl geeks
since pretty much everyone on the nottingham pm list is also on the nlug list
and we have very little traffic on nottpm (it's mostly me asking for info in
vain!).

BTW: loved your CGI course - kudos

Regards,
Michael Erskine.

--
To restore a sense of reality, I think Walt Disney should have a Hardluckland.
		-- Jack Paar