[Nottingham] Tux Games Antispam - Your message is being held

Michael Simms michael at tuxgames.com
Mon Dec 10 13:26:53 GMT 2007

On Mon, 2007-12-10 at 11:43 +0000, Michael Leuty wrote:
> On 10/12/2007, Martin <martin at ml1.co.uk> wrote:
> > Please keep your exasperation corralled in the school yard...
>
> Beautifully diplomatic, but it won't work.
>
> As you know, I am reluctant to post here because people whose
> attitudes are superior to mine are reluctant to let politeness
> obstruct their zeal to correct me.

I love that phrase, Im going to make a note of that! Its just how I felt
reading some of the emails today.

> But hey, this is a Linux mailing list.   :-)
>
> Getting back to the original topic, I don't understand why the
> antispam message from Michael (Simms) begins "Thank you for emailing
> mike at leuty.net." and purports to come from "Tux Games Antispam System
> <mike at leuty.net>".
>
> Mike

Yeah thats because it takes the first email address on the To: list as
the primary one it is intended for. The problem is that it doesnt
actually know or care what itsown domain is, and so it isnt sure who the
local delivery target is. I'll try and fix that, sorry {;-)
Im the meantime I still am not sure why, after 3 years of not making a
mistake, it made one, weirdness.

--
Michael Simms, CEO - Tux Games
http://www.tuxgames.com