Distros (Re: [Nottingham] RE: Nottingham Digest, Vol 219, Issue 14)

asif maqbool asifbadkarma at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 18:37:57 GMT 2007

I remember back in the day, mandrake Linux was my first *nix experience
running on an old version of vmware workstation, was still doing  wintel
support back then....

time flies, been 3 years since ive touched a windows support request @ work
;-)

but back to the point, I agree that mandriva/mandrake is a very good, easy
to use distro.

Could this be a pebkac issue maybe ?

:P

On 17/12/2007, Martin <martin at ml1.co.uk> wrote:

> tony atkins wrote:
> > am amazed you managed to get Mandriva Linux working long enough to
> > actually want install something on it! - i have struggled with a close
> > relative, PCLinux, and am startled when it does not change with each
> > reboot. It goes from unstable to volcanic with each update - am off to
> [---]
>
> Sure you've not got /hardware/ problems? Or is that just your way of
> describing your preferences/choices? :-p
>

> I've found Mandriva to work fine and for years at a time. Current uptime
> for one Mandriva box I play on is: "top - 13:11:46 up 445 days, 12:29"
>
> No problems there. I'm just waiting for when the PSU blows up or a fan
> fails! (And yes, it does a lot more than 'firewall' duties.)
>

> Then again, I am a bit of a Mandriva fan ;-)
>
> Have fun,
> Martin
>
> --

take it easy