[Nottingham] Alpha and Sun machines

Roger Light roger at atchoo.org
Sat Feb 17 10:45:52 GMT 2007

Hi,

I've got a dec alpha machine sitting around in need of some love if
anybody is interested. Comes complete with original mouse and
keyboard...

More seriously, it's a 433MHz EV56 processor, has some amount of ram
and scsi hard drive etc. The problem is that it won't boot. I've spent
a small amount of time trying to get it working but I'm not familiar
with alphas at all and don't really have more time to look at it now.
bios type things happen, but nothing after that.

It's an ex-work machine that ran Debian.

I've also got a Sun Ultra 1 which I no longer require. It was in fine
working order when I used it last, although that was a while ago.

Let me know off list if you're interested, and if you're going to the
lan party on sunday I should be able to drop either of them off.

Cheers,

Roger