[Nottingham] NLUG website: redecorated (actually, it's been gutted and rebuilt!)

Joshua Lock incandescant at gmail.com
Mon Jan 8 17:51:27 GMT 2007

On 8 Jan 2007, at 15:49, Michael Erskine wrote:
>> I would also suggest you enable friendly URLs to get rid of the
>> horrid ?node= rubbish.
>> If you need any help setting that up let me know, I have done both
>> before.
>
> Thanks Alan. That's what I wanted to do but it claims not to work.
> What can I
> do to allow friendly URLs?

I took the liberty of enabling this. It's in ?q=admin/settings (or
now just admin/settings) and then under the "General Settings" you
want the radio button "Enabled" in the  "Clean URLs" section.

This gives URL's such as http://nottingham.lug.org.uk/node/74 which,
as the book page on desktops would be much better as http://
nottingham.lug.org.uk/Desktops (it now is by the way).

You can achieve things like this by "naming" the page in the "URL
Path Settings" part of the add/edit page. With the current NLUG theme
this is hidden by default but exists as the second item in the list
of "hidden/closed" options just underneath the "Log Message" box.

Hope that helps,

- J