[Nottingham] BBC iPlayer petition

Tom Bird tom at marmot.org.uk
Mon Jul 9 15:26:20 BST 2007

David Aldred wrote:

> I own a telly and don't pay a TV licence: it's used only for playing
> pre-recorded videos and DVDs, and I have written confrimation from the
> licensing authority that I don't need a licence.

Bear in mind, if you watched the live streams from the beeb then you'd
need one, not sure about the situation regarding live streams from the
other broadcasters but suspect it'd be the same.  Also not sure where
the line is drawn between watching the telly and watching an event live.

Fortunately enforcing the license on computers is just not practical,
and I don't have a telly or a license either.

--
Tom

// www.portfast.co.uk -- internet services and consultancy
// hosting from 1.65 per domain