[Nottingham] Re: Meet up at my internet cafe

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Fri Jun 1 08:32:33 BST 2007

Ben,

[---]
> found (simple enough, buy another) or is it because the OS cannot see
> the PCI bus. Is there anyway of varifying this?

Try for example:

# lspci
[---]
00:06.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd.
RTL-8139/8139C/8139C+ (rev 10)
00:07.0 Ethernet controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT86C100A [Rhine]
(rev 06)
[---]

> I did a search for problems with it and a few people are having problems
> with the USB version but nobody seems to be having problems with the PCI
> version.

USB -> Ethernet or to modems always seems to be problematic or sometimes
just fragile. But then again, some setups can work fine...

> - A slightly curious choice to my selection criteria. Is this on machines
> - that have already come as a bundle?
>
> Nooooo, I bought all the components seperately. They don't do bundles
> which include a 2.93ghz quad core, motherboard and 4gb ram. (Which works
> perfectly by the way)

That's quite high spec... For gaming freeeeks?

[---]
> On a side note, now do I access a super user account in konqueror? In
> order to add a few desktop pictures and delete the ones I will never use.

# sudo konqueror

> Thanks for the help so far,

Keep hacking,

martin at ml1.co.uk