[Nottingham] ARA for Debian.

Andy Davidson andy at nosignal.org
Fri May 25 17:46:15 BST 2007

Hi,

I remember from the January talk that there was a lot of interest in
databases on the list.  I am evaluating the performance of Adaptive
Readahead in Linux for improving read performance on MySQL databases.

I have built an Adaptive Readahead kernel package for Debian users,
strongly based on and feature compatible with the kernel which ships
with Debian Etch (other than it has ARA turned on!). Looking for
feedback from anyone who tries this in production.

It can be downloaded from http://www.andyd.net/