[Nottingham] Password Protecting scripts on a webserver

Peter Chang Peter.Chang at nottingham.ac.uk
Thu May 31 20:00:28 BST 2007

Crumbs! Penfold,

An alternative I use for controlling MythTV via its (completely insecure)
web interface is to block port 80 (or whatever you configure for Apache)
at my (wireless) router and set up an ssh tunnel.

For example,

$ ssh -L8008:localhost:80 homebox

and visit http://127.0.0.1:8008/blah/.

Also anyone with an account on the home box can access the web server.

HTH
  Peter