[Nottingham] RE: Pro Licenses and Mesh Networking

Graeme Fowler graeme at graemef.net
Mon Oct 1 23:38:50 BST 2007

On Mon, 2007-10-01 at 22:45 +0100, David Aldred wrote:
> I don't know whether you read it, but I didn't - has someone somehow cleared
> it off the list before it got to me?  I didn't think you could do cancels on
> mailing lists!
>
> It's on the archive, though: how come I didn't get it?

Anti-spam? Greylisting? Queuing? My experience of mailman (for other
domains) is that the list admin and the archive, usually being local,
tend to get their copies first - everyone else queues, and gets
delivered as and when they can (pretty quickly, unless greylisting is
invloved).

I know nothing about your MX provider (which is a good thing!), which
makes me wonder whether the original email has been trashed by your AS
settings.

Either way, I have been contacted by both ends of the original message.
Something tells me it's unlikely to happen again.

Graeme