[Nottingham] LVM and load balancing and ReiserFS

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Sat Oct 27 13:31:09 BST 2007

James Gibbon wrote:
> On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 22:29:21 -0700
> Charles Samuels <charles at kde.org> wrote:
>
>> I think it's bad form to fud ReiserFS. Anecdotes are not proof.
>> Furthermore, all filesystems have problems which can ruin certain
>> data.

I agree on that one.

Meanwhile, I've been using ReiserFS 3.6 for a few years on various
systems and so far I've not noticed any fs problems. What I have noticed
is that it does work well as advertised, especially so for lots of small
files (often in the same directory) and also for when you have lots of
hard links...

> Nonetheless, I'd be interested to hear, at least briefly, about the
> problems Duncan refers to - if you wouldn't mind, Duncan?
>
>> p.s. I prefer vim over emacs
>
> I prefer ajax over vim

And I thought ajax was some clever web coding... Or are you just
cleaning up? ;-)

Any further thoughts?

martin at ml1.co.uk