[Nottingham] Router/Firewall question

Chris Burton Chris at 7of9b.org
Mon Sep 22 21:15:30 UTC 2008

>> <rant>
>> D-Link wifi makes me *shudder* - I gave in with them after a few
>> replacement
>> AP all failed to get more than 800kbps with less than 5 meters line of
>> site.
>> </rant>
>
> Saturated receiver front end due to too STRONG a signal?
>
> They have a power setting whereby you can reduce the power for very
> short range work.

They was originally tested on site (and didn't work fast enough) to bridge 2
offices separated by about 10-50m depending on where we tried the AP (with
cables out the window) - In the end I used a ~150m cable run with a switch
in the middleish.

> So far, the ones I've used have been fine and fast enough.

Sounds like you have luck or they fixed something :)

ChrisB.