[Nottingham] Process CPU and memory usage?

Jim Moore jmthelostpacket at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 23 07:50:44 UTC 2008

My real-world-tested* solution:

router 1:    port 1: internet
router 1:    port 2: bridge

router 2:    port 1: internet (wireless client capable)
router 2:    port 2: bridge

I used a Belkin SOHO router (ethernet only) as router 1, which ran the
DHCP on its own subnet, and a Busybox wireless/G router as #2 which also
ran on its own DHCP but on a different subnet. Never ever had a
collision, and between the two routers and one cable and one ADSL
connection, an always-on net link on both subnets. Don't know what the
uptime percentage was, but it was pretty high.The important thing the
two routers had in common was (I think common to most SOHO routers these
days) was autonegotiating ports.

And for my next trick, I'm running on a Busybox at home, I also have a
Netgear SOHO wireless/G router. Gonna try same with those. I know the
Busybox does the trick, dunno about the £40 Netgear.

*tested and as far as I know, still running after three years

cheers,

TLP