[Nottingham] Router/Firewall question

Camilo Mesias camilo at mesias.co.uk
Tue Sep 23 09:17:35 UTC 2008

There's something iffy about the setup but I can't put my finger on it.

If there are two separate networks then surely the DHCP broadcasts
should be limited to the scope of the networks and shouldn't be routed
through to another network.

Also the DHCP servers should have the good sense to NOT give ip
addresses out to stations on another network, unless the wifi link
between the two networks is doing something strange like L2 bridge
(you could tell if the hosts on one network started getting IP
addresses that looked like they should be in the other network).