[Nottingham] SSHFS in windows?

Joshua Lock incandescant at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 10:33:56 UTC 2008

2008/9/24 Danny King <dannyking at gmail.com>:
> Thanks guys, it sounds like my friend was being a little paranoid
> then. Looks like a router is the way to go.

I did this when I was in halls. Most routers will also do MAC cloning
so you can have your router pretend it's whatever you first plugged
into the network.
This is probably against IT's policies but I imagine loads of students
are doing this, who doesn't have multiple internet devices nowadays?

> Still, wouldn't be using sshfs better than using ntfs in any
> situation? From what I've read nfs seems really insecure?

SSHFS is just a FUSE filesystem. I have no experience trying to run
FUSE filesystems on Windows but according to the FUSE wiki[1] there
are Windows implementations/ports of FUSE.

1. FUSE wiki (Google cache as the SF wiki seems to be broken right
now) - http://66.102.9.104/search?q=cache:E6UxQctc9GQJ:fuse.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/OperatingSystems+http://fuse.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/OperatingSystems&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=uk

> Thanks

- J

--