[Nottingham] NIC MACs aliases & IP aliases

Graeme Fowler graeme at graemef.net
Wed Apr 1 12:01:32 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-04-01 at 12:55 +0100, Martin wrote:
> Anyone used/using vrrpd?

Used, aye.

> Good idea or superseded by something else?

I've replaced it with Keepalived, since my requirement almost always
extends to HA (ip failover) and load balancing too - keepalived not only
provides VRRP failover but also provides management of the LVS (the
Linux Virtual Server, or more accurately IPVS) framework, plus a
healthcheck framework to test the servers being load balanced.

It can be run in VRRP only mode, however, and is pretty useful.

http://www.keepalived.org/

Graeme