[Nottingham] "Big Name" Distros Update

Simon Sleaford simon.sleaford at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 12:37:14 UTC 2009

So there's Ubuntu releasing it's 9.04 version in the next week along with
Fedora 11 putting out a preview next week before the final release next
month. I'm currently hopping around and have settled on the Mandriva 2009.1
beta for the time being having gotten a bit bored of Ubuntu.

Anybody getting excited about any new releases or is it just me? I tend to
hop around a bit and think there are some interesting releases coming up,
especially with so many of them now using ext4. Should be a lot of Ubuntu
derived distros updating very soon at least. I tried Crunchbang for a while
and thought that was a nice distro.

Cheers

Simon