[Nottingham] Ubuntu apt-get issue

David Aldred david at familyaldred.org.uk
Mon Jun 1 12:15:39 UTC 2009

2009/6/1 Sergiusz Pawlowicz <sergiusz at pawlowicz.name>

> On Mon, Jun 1, 2009 at 11:54, Martin <martin at ml1.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > So... Worth fixing?
>
> No. Nothing is broken.

Actually, I'm not the only one to have found this an issue, from the look of
it, and I do think it is reasonable to expect, having specified in the
Synaptic preferences that there is no proxy, that Synaptic should then
ignore (or at least flag) a conflicting directive in apt.conf.  However, it
does actually respect that conflicting directive, and thus fails without a
clear indication of the reason.

Following a configuration which clearly conflicts with a user intention *is*
broken.

So I do agree with Martin that this is a bug, and I do intend to file it -
unless there's a really good reason why not!

--

David