[Nottingham] Old external SCSI drive

James Gibbon jg at jamesgibbon.com
Tue Jun 16 09:14:31 UTC 2009

On Mon, 15 Jun 2009 21:45:53 +0100
Martin <martin at ml1.co.uk> wrote:

> That is rather a harsh comparison!
>
> So which has the greater capability for number of read-write
> cycles and for burning Watts?
>
> :-p
>
> Is it /really/ that clean?

It's also a fair bit noisier than the USB stick. And yes, it really
is that clean .. the firm I worked for in London used to replace
its hardware pretty regularly, which is how it became the property
of yrs truly. It didn't see a lot of use after I replaced my old
SPARC Classic with a Sony VAIO running RedHat 6.2 :)

Gone now, by the way. However I think I may have an old Boxhill
9GB SCSI slab somewhere that I don't particularly want if anyone's
interested.

James