[Nottingham] [Social] Wed 20/05/2009 Food 'n' beers

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Fri May 22 09:15:30 UTC 2009

Martin wrote:
> Folks,
>
> Trying to follow Stef's high standards whilst she is gallivanting around
> the world, for our social next week we have:

> The Pit & Pendulum

> Red Hot Buffet Shack

Eeee, that was a bit of a quiet one!

Still, interesting discourse on games writing, gdb and IT support.

We briefly got another group that were meeting in the Pit that night
worried that we might be muscling in on their meeting night. Their fears
were soon laid to rest when they discovered our ethereal distance from
their activities! (They did have a /very/ glossy group magazine! With
pictures!!)

Our next meet is in the Navvy on Thursday 4th June following on from
(before) our last Supercomputers talk with an introduction into how to
compute. We heard the names Babbage, Turing, Flowers, Cray in passing.
There are a few more names and stories and devices to tell for where we
are now.

Should be fun!

martin at ml1.co.uk