[Nottingham] File copying filesystem -> filesystem

Jim Moore jmthelostpacket at googlemail.com
Mon Sep 7 18:57:46 UTC 2009

my usual method is to run an ex-platform sector copying program, such
as that found as part of Acronis Trueimage. This copies the partition
sector-by-sector - which means you end up with the data and allocation
tables/journals/etc written to the destination drive in the same
sector order as the original. Fastest way I know of doing things,
probably the safest as well since it doesn't rely on anything more
than a kernel, very basic window manager, and FS/USB/network drivers.