[Nottingham] IPConfig problem setting up server

Benjamin Crowe sneblot at googlemail.com
Sat Sep 12 18:16:49 UTC 2009

I have a problem setting up the ISPConfig 3 on my debian 5.0 server I
try to run the command php -q install.php after downloading it and it
comes up with this error

ISP Config

>> Initial configuration

Notice: Undefined variable: distver in
/tmp/ispconfig3_install/install/lib/install.lib.php on line 135

Notice: Undefined variable: distid in
/tmp/ispconfig3_install/install/lib/install.lib.php on line 135

Notice: Undefined variable: distbaseid in
/tmp/ispconfig3_install/install/lib/install.lib.php on line 135
Linux Distribution or Version not recognized.explodingserver:/tmp/ispconfig3_ins

can some one give me a heads up on what I could be doing wrong??

Ben