[Nottingham] Freshers fairs?

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Fri Sep 18 13:16:50 UTC 2009

Jim Moore wrote:
> I'm not a student but I've got plenty time to kill... if some wouldn't
> mind helping me out with some cased copies of Linux distros to give
> away, I'd be happy to occupy a table. Incidentally, I do pass a

Sounds good.

> glancing resemblance to RMS... so I've been told...

Now /that/ is /scary/ !!! Not even I have as long a beard despite my
FOSS "evangelism"!

> On 9/18/09, Cat Clarkson <envengcat at googlemail.com> wrote:
>> I'm a phd student at UoN - if someone is organising a table at freshers id
>> be up for hanging about for support/a friendly female face..

That would be very welcome, thanks.

We're very much not a Uni soc even though we have (have had) many people
from the universities as part of our group...

How many on-site people do we need for the Univ Union to offer a stall?
(We wouldn't be setting up a "soc" though.)

Or can we co-opt (or be co-opted, or just be mentioned by) whatever
computer club there is there?

martin at ml1.co.uk