[Nottingham] BBC iPlayer

Jim Moore jmthelostpacket at googlemail.com
Wed Sep 30 17:20:48 UTC 2009

Simon Sleaford wrote:
> Thanks guys, I've installed get_iplayer and it seems to be working
> perfectly. I'm able to download television and radio shows now to
> watch/listen to offline.
>
> Any ideas how I can download a film it says isn't in the listings? I
> downloaaded Brazil this afternoon through the iplayer desktop app but
> of course it won't play back correctly for me. When I use grep to
> search for brazil in the listings it says it isn't available. If I
> search for films a few films pop up but Brazil is not one of them. I
> assume it's been removed due for being 7 days since it was screened.
> Is there any way to find the prrogram number and try to download it
> still or am I out of luck?
>
> Thanks again
>
> Simon
<snip>
Brazil is available on the torrents. If you're not prepared to wait a
week(!) for your torrent to download, I have it in high motion mpeg-1
format from my dvd and could quite easily drop you a more portable file
format (such as mp4 for handhelds).

cheers,

Jim

--
Are more people violently opposed to wearing fur than leather because it's easier to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs?