[Nottingham] Greetings

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Tue Sep 7 22:08:12 UTC 2010

On 06/09/10 19:35, Peter Adams wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I will be following my girlfriend to Nottingham next month where she
> is starting university as a mature student. In all the stresses that
> come with moving to a new city (technically in a new country as we are
> moving from Belfast) it's somewhat comforting to know there is a LUG
> of some kind where a GNU/Linux fan/user can find some familiarity and
> comfort.
>
> Is there much of an active Linux/FOSS community in the Notts area?

Greetings indeed.

You'll both be most welcome at the meets. Just watch the maillist for
what's on next. Then look out for any penguins, or netbooks, or Linux
mags to identify us.

There's certainly various activity even if only imbibing food and beer.
We also talk and play all things Linux and FOSS in whatever ways of
interest...

And there well may be a web talk coming up soon as I revamp the very old
website anew...

Next meet is next week (Wed 15/09/2010) over in Fat Cats. We usually
have at least a talk and a social each month somewhere around the city
centre.

Watch the maillist! You'll be welcome along,

martin at ml1.co.uk