[Nottingham] Share your operating system bundling tales with the EU

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Wed Apr 20 23:58:41 UTC 2011

On 21 April 2011 00:32, Richard Hodgson <rich at dearinternet.com> wrote:
> Dell did a few years ago, but I think the option was dropped due to a lack
> of sales.

... Or Microsoft 'coercion'?

Or is Microsoft Marketing so brain-washingly powerful that nothing
else can succeed for the sake of not being labelled "Microsoft"?

There's the well known scheme of how Microsoft 'rewards' Microsoft
'exclusivity'... Might that be the next target of an EU anti-trust
investigation?...

Or is this request for examples the first step?

There /must/ be a better way!

Aside: We also need an alternative to Linux before it too becomes an
effective monoculture/monopoly!...

FreeBSD anyone?