[Nottingham] Any CrossOver users around?

Michael Quaintance penfoldq at penfoldq.co.uk
Fri Jan 21 04:09:42 UTC 2011

Hi all

I'm about to purchase CrossOver for Mac and I noticed that there is an
option on the checkout to provide a referral email which credits an
existing CrossOver user with an additional two months of support.

I know mentioning the Wine project and CodeWeavers in some Linux groups
can be a dangerous thing but I have my asbestos suit ready. Unless you
are being particularly amusing, please keep the flames offlist.

Anyway, despite the great advances of OpenOffice.org, there are still
times when only Microsoft Office will do and as such I am obtaining
CrossOver to make my life easier. If in the process I can give an extra
two months of support to a lug member who wants it, all the better.

So if anyone uses CrossOver, needs/wants an extra 2 months of support,
and is prepared to provide the email address associated with their
account, email me offlist by the end of the weekend (23rd Jan). I'll be
purchasing it sometime next week.

Of course, I'm actually expecting that no-one will meet these criteria,
but it's no skin off my nose to offer. If the unthinkable happens and I
get more than one affirmative response, I'll pick one somewhat randomly.

-Penfold