[Nottingham] [Talk] *Tomorrow* Wednesday 04/05/2011: Haskell – Heaven and Hell?

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Sat May 7 14:28:25 UTC 2011

On 3 May 2011 01:31, Martin <martin at ml1.co.uk> wrote:
> Folks,
>
> For some fine reflection for after the Easter break, we have
> *Tomorrow* for further reflection and insight and good interest for
> all with:
>
> Haskell – Heaven and Hell?
> http://nlug.ml1.co.uk/2011/04/haskell-heaven-and-hell/201
>

> For new and old alike, infinity is to be sampled...

And various infinities were sampled at parallel locations...

Great talk by Rory and a good presentation and lots of audience
participation. My hopes of (mathematical) pure functionalism were
slightly dented but then again, there is always a compromise to be
made when interacting with the non-mathematical real world. And my
humble little netbook easily survived the impromptu Haskell ghc
hackings.

Easily interesting enough for a follow-on talk and demonstration
including some of the latest leading-edge research :-)

Watch the list for a glimpse of functional parallelisms and
who-could-guess-what in an infinite world!

Bewildered? Then you need to come to the next talk! ;-)