[Nottingham] What mobile to get?

Camilo Mesias camilo at mesias.co.uk
Fri May 20 14:41:55 UTC 2011

On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 3:12 PM, Mat Booth <mbooth at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> You can't  even easily tell which key your
> finger is over when the keyboard is that small, whereas the on-screen
> keyboard will show you a larger picture of the key you pressed so if
> you miss you can move your finger before releasing it

While you can't quite touch type on a phone keyboard you can usually
use two fingers (or thumbs) to good effect. Yes the layout isn't quite
the same as a desktop keyboard but once you get used to it, I find
it's still faster than any on screen keyboard. Having to peck out one
character at a time is enough to put me off using on screen keyboards
altogether. Although I realise it's a bit subjective, iPad users seem
to manage with their flat touchscreen 'keyboards' just fine...

-Cam