[Nottingham] Samsung N150 Variable brightness

Jason Irwin jasonirwin73 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 08:46:37 UTC 2012

On 17/12/12 05:08, stripes theotoky wrote:
> Recently following an upgrade to Ubuntu 12.04 using the gnome desktop I
> find that the brightness varies from almost black to full brightness
Do you have the Samsung specific tools installed?

PPA: https://launchpad.net/~voria/+archive/ppa
Froums: http://www.voria.org/forum/index.php
Not everything works 100%, but it might stop the brightness cycling as
it appears to some updates for backlight management.

There is also this in the forums:
Which discusses this exact issue and references the Samsung tools (as
well as some other power tweaks).

There are no bugs in Launchpad about this cycling issue; but there are
some about brightness keys not working which reference the above tools.
  Might be worth your while raising a bug I guess.

I did stumble across this though:
http://askubuntu.com/questions/67262/brightness-issues-on-a-samsung-n220
So all the answers seem to lead to the same place.

I only know about this set of tools because I was seriously considering
a Samsung NP535 or similar.  Just waiting for the post-Yule sales.

Answers powered by Brain 0.9a and the mighty DuckDuckGo :-)

--
Jason Irwin