[Nottingham] [Social] *TODAY* Wednesday 18/01/2012: A Malt and Marrakesh

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Thu Jan 19 01:15:18 UTC 2012

Folks,

> *TODAY* Wednesday 18/01/2012:
>
>> For a great combination to warm up in the recently frosty weather:
>>

>> A Malt and Marrakesh
>> http://nlug.ml1.co.uk/event/a-malt-and-marrakesh

And a good meetup it was.

I think between us we sampled most of the Marrakesh menu. The food was
really excellent and all with very good service. To be visited again.

Over at the Malt Cross, we found a rather comfy sofa where certain of
the group were well on their way to other lands (Eva ;-) )...

Some of the topics covered included: "Silly associations" to help
remember names, virtual stuff, NTFS, Windows and Internet Explorer
compatibility, UEFI, SOFA, PITA, Wikipedia, music and music tastes,
Minecraft, Skyrim and how to trip into a few bugs, Super Tux Kart, Tux
Racer, animation physics, films special effects, web hosting, the
freedom of your own virtual machine in a data centre, websites, home
networks, VirginMedia SuperHubs, LAN partying, netbooks, and lots more...

Good to see Rich, Mike and Rory along, and good luck for various exams!

Next talk is a practical guide to using a little virtuality ;-)

AIGT - Virtual Machines
http://nlug.ml1.co.uk/event/aigt-virtual-machines

martin at ml1.co.uk