[Nottingham] Email Format - question

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Mon Jul 16 10:54:29 UTC 2012

On 16/07/12 08:52, David Aldred wrote:
> On the web, there's a labs setting which will move your signature to the
> top of the previous mail too (like this), so that you don't end up with
> a list of signatures at the bottom.  There's also a labs setting which
> enables quoting selected text only, which helps with  replying only to
> key sections of an incoming email.

As demonstrated with this reply from Thunderbird: Select a section of
text, hit "reply", and you get a reply window with just that selected
text quoted. Far faster than chopping a full sized quote down to size.

And yes... Multiple nested quoted sigs do get tedious! Especially so
when there is ever-increasing whitespace included at the end. Even more
so when it's just device manufacturer advertising!

Hey... Is this where we go FLOSS for a pan-device user /friendly/ AND
_recipient_ /friendly/ email application? ;-)

-    Martin Lomas    - OpenPGP (GPG/PGP) Public Key: 0xCEE1D3B7
- martin @ ml1 co uk - Import from   hkp://subkeys.pgp.net   or
- ------------------ - http:// ml1 .co .uk/martin_ml1_co_uk.gpg