[Nottingham] gpgpwd - keeping a commandline passwords list

James Moore jmthelostpacket at googlemail.com
Wed Jun 20 18:09:59 UTC 2012

On 19/06/2012 09:49, Paul Tew wrote:
> On 19 June 2012 09:35, Jason Irwin <jasonirwin73 at gmail.com
> <mailto:jasonirwin73 at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     On 18/06/12 20:25, Mike Cardwell wrote:
>     > I don't think that the clipboard is ever synced to disk... Unless
>     > you're thinking of swap? Anyway, I already use full disk encryption
>     > and don't have a swap partition so I should be ok.
>     I think this is the obligatory response.
>     http://xkcd.com/538/
>
>     :)
>
>     J.
>
> :)
>
> And here's the $5 wrench:
> http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2000/23/part/III
> It only works if the authorities have reason to believe you have
> encrypted some bad stuff. Of course other people might use a real
> wrench...
>
> Paul

I got a bigger wrench.

"The passphrase was in my head. Through all this stress I have selective
amnesia."

What can they do, jail me for forgetting due to the torturous
interrogation techniques the police employ?

Oh, wait, they've been known to do that. I'm not overly worried.

"What you in for?" "Forgot my passphrase." "BWAAAAAHAHAHAAAA!"