[Nottingham] Media Centre Linux distro?

Jason Irwin jasonirwin73 at gmail.com
Tue May 8 10:00:12 UTC 2012

On 08/05/12 10:46, Brian Pickford wrote:
> You need a TV license to watch live TV from the BBC website
One does indeed, and from memory it warns you about this (at least
iPlayer does).  And I think that you need a license to watch *any* live
broadcast in the UK, not just BBC ones.

As much as I may have a soft-spot for Auntie, the digital age makes a
mockery of its funding model.  I can't think of anyway to solve it
without requiring adverts (which are something I despise).  If I could,
I'd record everything with Myth and have it remove the adverts.  But as
I am on Virgin I can't do that, so fast forward it is.

--
Jason Irwin