[Nottingham] Fwd: Announcing Fedora 17. Relish it.

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Tue May 29 22:12:58 UTC 2012

On 29/05/12 18:16, Mike Martin wrote:
> For those not on the announce lists.  Here what ya been waiting for.

Indeed some excellent "Wow!" stuff and a good fun style for the release
writeup. Certainly not your normal Marketing-speak :-)

Hope there's noone too religiously offended...

I might even give it a try. However, via using dd to a memory stick
rather than burning a dvd ;-) For that, use:

dd if=downloaded.iso of=/dev/sdX bs=4M

where sdX is your memory stick device, and the iso is a hybrid iso such
as is commonly now provided for such as Fedora and other distros.

All good open source stuff!

Viva la Freedom!

:-)

[---]

> Fedora shall be created and used by those whose dietary preference could
> be either Beefy or Leafy.  Freedom, my friends, Freedom is the Great
> Condiment, which shall enable all users of the Beefy Miracle to Create,
> Share, and Do."
>
> -- The Book of Sauerkraut, Chapter 12, Verse 529
>
> The Beefy Miracle hath arrived. Behold, for it is available to download now:
> http://fedoraproject.org/get-fedora
>
> And lo, detailed information about this release can be seen in the
> release notes:
> http://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora/17/html/Release_Notes/
>
> == Condiments ==
>
> Frankly, we believe this is the beefiest release ever -- chock full of
> condiments, more commonly known as Features, to customize your
> experience to your tastes. We take pride in our toppings, and in our
> fine ingredients; Fedora 17 includes both over- and  under-the-bun
> improvements that show off the power and flexibility of the advancing
> state of free (range) software.

[---]

--
-    Martin Lomas    - OpenPGP (GPG/PGP) Public Key: 0xCEE1D3B7