[Nottingham] KDE weirdness

Jason Irwin jasonirwin73 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 27 13:21:27 UTC 2013

On 27/07/13 08:39, stripes theotoky wrote:
> Removing packages libmjpegtools-2.0-0 and transcode allowed me to run
> apt-get -f install which sorted out 6 packages.
Hmm...possible broken packages/updates?

I'm running a Franken-Kubuntu system and month or so ago KDE got itself
in a right mess.  Well, more correctly, I got it in a right mess.  I had
to spend a while in aptitude unpicking the the dependencies.
It seems that some of the PPAs I am using had conflicted with default
packages.  Probably not helped by me trying to be "clever".

Once I had uninstalled, purged and reinstalled things sorted themselves out.

I am pretty sure it was a bunch of media libraries like libmjpegtools as
well.  I didn't take any notes I'm afraid.

J.