[Nottingham] WonderMedia WM8650

david at gbenet.com david at gbenet.com
Thu Mar 14 11:57:47 UTC 2013

On 14/03/13 09:27, Jason Irwin wrote:
> On 10/03/13 12:12, david at gbenet.com wrote:
>> I bought Carolyn a small Netbook which tells me it's a WonderMedia WM8650.
> What's the exact make and model of the Netbook?
>
> My DuckDuckGo Fu tells me that there are various hack and bodges for
> that CPU.
> 	http://wm8650.net/index.php
> 	http://www.techknow.me/forum/index.php?topic=208.30
> 	https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_02-fpmWgCw
>
>> This Netbook does not stop to read any devices that are plugged in at startup.
> Maybe you need to get at the BIOS/EFI and change the boot order or
> something?
>
> If it's cheap-ish and it has that CPU, you can bet some bugger has done
> it and hopefully posted how online.

Hello Jason,

Well it's just a little black netbook made in China - no name either in the info from the
menu and nothing written or stuck on the case and nothing in the fold out user manual. It's
just a black plastic no name no id netbook. All it does say from the info from the menu is
WonderMedia WM8650 - all very helpful.

All I've been able to read is install an ARM version of Ubuntu on an SD and stick that in
the slot in the netbook and it will load. But that fails. There is no BIOS to change the
boot order and no magic key strokes - even when you undo all the screws you still caan't
take the back off!!

I guess she's stuck with it.

David

--