[Nottingham] apt-get

J Poyago-Theotoky jpt at roppa.demon.co.uk
Tue Feb 25 18:02:04 UTC 2014

Is there an easy way to get apt-get or aptitude to ignore missing
dependencies?

The problem I have is that skype claims to depend on
libasound2-plugins:i386 however this cannot be installed on my system
without removing about 300 other packages and skype when installed with
force-all works just fine.

The problem is I can't update the system as apt-get and aptitude both want
to remove skype due to unfixable dependency problems.

I have fixed it by editing /var/lib/dpkg/status
and removed the dependency from skype but wonder if there was an easier way
to solve this for future reference.

Stripes